Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Blues

I'm not feeling very "Christmasy" this year.

Maybe it's the recent cold snap; it was 14 degrees when I woke up!

Or maybe it's working long hours, which means leaving in the dark and coming home in the dark.

I haven't decorated, and Rob and I are debating not putting up a tree at all this year. There's really no room for our usual (fake) 6 foot tree, and small trees usually don't do it for me.

The only holiday happenings going on at our place is the lighted tree we have outside our front door, accompanied by the pumpkin that seems to be flourishing (and now adorned with a jingle bell wreath). I just don't have the heart to throw him away.

The sky is gray. The wind is blowing.

The only pop of holiday color are these poinsettias I purchased at the garden center almost two weeks ago. They're lending some festive spirit.

I guess nothing beats the presents that are accruing around the Christmas cactus this year.

Maybe we don't need a tree after all.

No comments: