Friday, December 5, 2008

CameraBag is a sure bet

I've been playing with an application for the iPhone for the past month called CameraBag.

This nifty little program allows you to take photos using your camera phone in various classic camera and film simulations. It also allows you to access saved photos on your phone and apply the template to them. (In my case, I've mostly gone back and applied the settings to photos I've taken over the past few months on the phone.)

It's very simple to use. You're able to scroll through and apply the filter to each image. If you like it, you hit the diskette icon to save.

What do you get? I've offered samples below! (Quoted items are direct from the vendor.)

Helga: "A square-format toy camera feel with washed-out highlights and old-school vignetting." It desaturates and crops your photo and adds a faded border.


Instant: Think polariod. Oh yeah!

Ansel: This adds a white border and grayscales the image.
(Well, it would be wrong to apply this filter to something that wasn't a tree, correct?)

1962: "Dynamic black and whites from the photojournalists of a bygone era." Converts to black and white and bumps the contrast way up.


Fisheye:
For the bubbled look.


Infrared: Makes everything "alive" into shades of white (hey, that's how I learned it in school- it's the best I can explain it!)

Lolo:
"Offers vibrant, colorful shots."
* This is the filter applied to the photo at the top of today's entry as well.
(Notice anything peculiar on that gas pump above, by the way?)

Cinema: Gives a widescreen look.

1974:
"This is your father's camera. Faded, tinted and hip." Adds a white border and sepia tone to your image.
As you can see, I'm having way too much fun with it! The only glitch I've found so far is that the infrared, 1962, 1974 and cinema filters make the image extremely small, but hopefully there will be a patch that will correct that in the future.

In addition to applying filters, you can control what resolution you wish to use (400-1200). I have mine set to 800. (The higher the resolution, the slower the saving time.)

For $2.99 in the App Store, it's a fun feature to add to the phone. To learn more, visit this site.

2 comments:

Bonhomie said...

Ah!! I have Iphone envy!!

Allie said...

Wow! That looks so cool! I guess I have Iphone envy too! :)