Monday, March 9, 2009

Random musings

I think I hit the artistic wall.

It's sort of like writer's block, in that you can't decide which way to go next.

I'd love a change of scenery. I'm trying to look at the things around me with a new perspective, but it feels mundane. I'm just not very excited about what I'm photographing.

Maybe I'm stretched too thin. I'm trying to retool my photo pendants, list more suncatchers, update my 1000 markets shop, and somehow continue to get my name out there for my etsy shop.

It's a little daunting when I create my to-do list.

The good news: I've been able to expand my photography market in my town thanks to the bakery I work at. They agreed to let me put my rotating card display up. I've had a few sales from that, and believe me, I'm grateful for that and the exposure.

I want to continue to find new ways to market my photography, but I know I am up against a recession where the basic needs far outweigh the wants. Still, I experiment with project wonderful with different ads.

Every day I'm grateful for the things I've learned. I hope that handmade/artistically original items continue to grow in popularity.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think as a photographer we get too caught up in promoting our work and trying to please the consumer. My husband recently told me to just please myself and follow the creative energy. It works!

Judi FitzPatrick said...

When the bucket is empty, it's time to fill it up. I'd suggest taking a day or two to go and be inspired by other art at museums or even just a long day trip into a scenic place. Sometimes this distance is what's needed.
Congrats on the sales at the bakery! Better days are coming - no matter what the Dow closes at!
Peace, Judi

Frau Zinnie said...

Thanks!!! That's good advice I needed! :)

Allie said...

Great suggestions and advice, Julie and Judi. Very well said and right on target. It helps me to hear your words of wisdom too!